Location: Grand Junction
Field Service Technicians will perform appliance repairs in customer homes. From start to finish, the process involves diagnosis, explaining problems and solutions to customers, providing estimates, repairing appliances, and collecting money from customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain professional appearance and interact directly with customers in their houses
- Troubleshoot and repair customer appliances
- Read wiring diagrams
- Clean, lubricate, and otherwise maintain shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery
- Determine best route to efficiently complete all calls while taking customer schedules into account
- Any other assigned duties
A successful Field Service Technician will possess the following skills, and be competent enough with appliance repairs to handle a full service schedule without supervision when hired.
- 5 Years Experience
- Must be able to make safety a top priority
- Must be able to make repairs without damaging customer homes
- Must possess a strong understanding of electronics, electricity, and electro-mechanical systems.
- Must be proficient in using digital volt meters, hand tools, and power tools
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must be service-minded
- Must be self-motivated
- Must be very detail-oriented while maintaining an idea of the larger picture
- Must be communicative with co-workers and supervisors
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 5 years in appliance repair or related fields
- Customer service experience preferred
PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work 40 to 70 hours, 5 to 6 days per week.
- Must be in good health to perform essential job duties of this position
- Must be able to work in confined spaces, and occasionally on ladders
- Must be able to lift over 60 pounds
- Must be able to continuously drive, walk, climb ladders, bend, kneel, squat and lie down to perform job duties on a daily basis