Position: Structural Carpenter/Form Setter
Location: Grand Junction, CO
Type: Full Time
Location of Work: Western CO, Eastern Utah
Benefits Available: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental & Vision Insurance, FSA's, Life & STD Ins., 401k, paid time off. See website for full listing.
Minimum Experience: See attached position description.
Starting Pay Rate: $19/hr. plus relevant experience & benefits.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DO NOT DISCRIMINATE IN HIRING ON
THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, GENDER, OR VETERAN STATUS.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND APPLICANTS OR APPLICATIONS TO OUR OFFICE. You must apply through Landmark Staffing
AND APPLY ONLINE AT WWW.MAYSCONCRETE.COM AND LIST LANDMARK STAFFING AS HOW YOU REACHED US.
FLSA/Comps Status: Nonexempt/Hourly
Department: Structural Division
Job Title: Carpenter/Formsetter
Reports to: Foreman
Location: Western CO, Eastern UT
EPA Factors: (1) Seniority (2) Merit (3) Experience
General Purpose of Position: constructs forms for concrete structures.
Supervision Received: daily
Supervision Exercised: none
Essential Position Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Constructs built-in-place or prefabricated wooden forms, according to specifications, for molding concrete structures.
General Job Duties:
1. Studies blueprints and diagrams to determine type and dimension of forms to be constructed.
2. Saws lumber to blueprint dimensions, using handsaw or power saw and nails lumber together to make form panels.
3. Erects built-in-place forms or assembles and installs prefabricated forms on construction site according to blueprint specifications, using hand tools, plumb rule and level.
4. Directs crane in placement of forms and guides forms into exact position.
5. Inserts spreaders and tie rods between opposite faces of forms using pry bar to maintain specified dimensions.
6. Anchors and braces forms to fixed objects, using nails, anchor rods, steel cables, planks and timbers.
7. Performing other duties as assigned. job listing mays
1. Minimum Education and Experience: must have working knowledge of grades, site layout, various forming systems and methodology.
2. Tools, Equipment, or Machines Required to Operate: must own personal hand tools, must operate power saws and other powered equipment.
3. Physical Requirements: a. General: walk, stand, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools, reach with hands and arms, talk, listen, hear, read, see, lift, bend, climb in/out of equipment, climb ladders or forms. b. Lifting: 80 to 100 pounds at least one time daily or as necessary, possibly several times daily. c. Exposure to Elements: Outside elements i.e. sun, wind, dust, rain, mud, snow, ice, cold, heat, noise. d. Handling of Dangerous Equipment: loaders, small cranes (boom trucks), powered hand tools. e. Other Hazardous Working Conditions: working at heights. f. Scheduled Work Hours: Monday - Friday, usually 6:30-7 am to 3-3:30 pm unless directed by supervisor. Some Saturday and overtime work may be required.
Judgment/Decision Making: occasional.
1. Position Receives Direction From: Structural superintendent and foreman. Other supervision may be received.
2. Position Directs: None.
ALL EMPLOYMENT IS AT-WILL, MEANING THAT EITHER THE EMPLOYEE OR
EMPLOYER MAY TERMINATE THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP AT ANYTIME
WITH OR WITHOUT CAUSE OR PRIOR NOTICE.